Sunday, July 23, 2023

Time to Write Week 30

Group 1: Edits chapter 10

Group 2: Writing Chapter 30

Group 3: Writing Chapter 10

Thirty weeks...are you kidding me? That is a lot of weeks of writing no matter the chapter you are on or the editing you are doing. 

I am determined to keep up on this blog until we reach week 52. I know I have had typos and errors with these quick reminder posts but I do hope they are helping push, pull or tug you along. 

Writing together has to be better. Don't you think? But the idea is not to have this blog drag you down or slow your writing. 

Mondays are set to help us all keep on track where we can. 

Thursdays are helpful hints and things I have discovered along the way. And monthly we will have a guest author offering helpful hints so there is something new and refreshing to check out. 

Those of you working on chapter 30ish...are you getting close to being done? IF SO...I am reminding you to think about tying up lose ends. Making sure of story and character arc. Push hard for a full impact full ending that will leave readers satisfied and not wanting to leave your story behind. 

And those of you editing are you fluffing dialogue to sound more realistic? Speak it outloud. Listen to it. Are you adding to word count or deleting where you can? That's a loaded question. Description is needed but idle words can go. 

And those of you on chapter 10 of a 1st or second story...go back and read earlier posts from this year for helps. 

And come hang out on my Facebook: authorkimturner where we can talk more about what we are up to and where I will be offering hints and helpful links. 

Go onward this week with a smile at your progress.