Wednesday, December 13, 2023

One Hour a Day. 500 Words. YOU CAN DO IT!


As we have taken our long journey on writing in 2023 and 2024 is on the way, I wanted to hint again about finding that hour A day.

You have to want this writing thing. You have to want it bad in order to make that hour or more a day. And if you are not making the time you need to fix it. One hour a day. 60 mins or at least 500 words a day. It seems doable. If you are not finding it keep a list for a week of what is getting in the way? Track you day and daily chores so you can see why you aren't getting that writing time in. Did you do well with it for 2023 or have you struggled. You can answer the question based on where you are in your story. If you are not nearing a finished rough draft then you have to re-negotiate your hour a day with your family and yourself. If not is 2024 gonna be another year of little progress on your story? MAKE A DECISION AND MAP IT OUT AND WRITE EVERY DAY NOT MATTER WHAT. Yes I am yelling. You have to make writing a priority. Yep that means other things may not get done. So what if there are dishes in the sink. I'll bet if you write you csn do the dishes later. So what if laundry isn't done....uhmm write your 500 words and knock yourself out on folding clothes. Hint: they csn wash and dry while you write. In fact when our laundry was piled up one weekend I moved my laptop to the kitchen table and I wrote all day while doing 6 loads of clothing. Imagine that. You have to want it bad enough. So maybe your family doesn't help and sucks what time you do have right down the drain. You do know while you get no time your husband is off doing his own thing sleeping while he watches TV and your kids ate gaming. They get their hour of time or more. You deserve your time. I am not perfect at this either but sometimes at 8pm when I have knocked out a full time job and what chores I have done...I call it time to Write. Yep some chores are left. They will get done but if I don't write this book isn't gonna happen. I make it sound easy and maybe now you are even mad at me but don't be. You joined this to finish the book. So get to it. Don't let the knew year coming pass you right by without a finished book. Seriously...what's it gonna take to get an hour or 500 words a day. You know what I think? I think we all make excuses. I think we don't make writing a priority. I think we cop out to being fatigued sometimes. So maybe treat writing like a job... if it isn't already. So 2023 is almost done...take a close look at what you have accomplished. If it isn't what you hoped, only you can change it. Go forth and write.