Monday, July 7, 2014

Setting an Example




I have written since I was very young but it has only been the last 3 years that I have been writing the stories that have been in my head for years now. It has been a shorter time that I have been pursuing publication. I often wonder if in scrambling to find time to write and the fact that I have a full time job as a nurse, am I neglecting my girls. I heard a quote from Katie Couric once that said something like "when you work full time as a mother, you never feel like you are a good mother or a good employee." I think I am guilty of both, toss in writing into the dark hours of the night, and I have to wonder sometimes if I am doing anything right. But somehow we have found a happy medium in life where it works for me and my family. My kids are happy and healthy and we take time for fun on the weekends. When I first started this publication journey, both my girls drew pictures for me related to what I write. Take a look below. I now keep these in my writing notebook to remind me of what is most important, but as I have been reminded by several writer friends, I am also setting an example for my girls to follow their own dreams.



Dakota's Gunslinger.







Shiloh's Horse and Wagon.