Sunday, February 27, 2022

Writer's Block Ideas...


There are days it's hard to write. There a weeks I avoid my story all together. There are times I am just plain tired from regular life...full time job, family, pets and somewhere in the middle of knowing my readers are wanting the next story I have often hit the wall.

I don't think I suffer from writers block. I have stories to finish and lists of ones to get to. But now and then I am just not gonna push to get to the story or sometimes push it away and that's OK. SOmetimes it can be good to step away from your novel to refresh your mind. But don't let it sit too long...keep your head in the story and do your best to write that story. But when writer's block seems to be hitting you there are some things to try: *read one of your previous books *read any book *work on notes related to the current story *outline another story *brainstorm ideas with others *work on social media and marketing *research for the current story but set a timer *study story structure *sometimes the point of block is where things in the story are not good...change it *try another POV *reverse trope that is happening *jump ahead or go back to another scene *Refer to your outline *Write backwards *Try music *Change where you are writing *Try butt in chair set a timer......as a last resort of course. No matter what is stopping you from getting to the story work hard to work through it. Make yourself sit and write ornplot and plan. Or...just starting writing something...anything.