Sunday, September 24, 2023

Time to Write Week 39

Group 1: Edits chapter 19

Group 2: Writing Chapter 39

Group 3: Writing Chapter 19

Above is what's needed this coming week!

We talked a long time ago about having your own writing space. But what are not your writing rituals? 
Everyone is different on what it takes for them to be able to write. 

Here are some hints:
Shut the door
Prepare for writing time
Light a candle
Play your music or make sure it is quiet
Order your plan
Dim the lights or make sure of the light you need
Set a timer
Have your coffee or tea
Set the intentions of what you'd like to accomplish

We may all be at different stages of what we are doing. If you get stuck at some point remember swapping up tasks can help you move the story. One part of your brain helps you write. Another part of your brain helps you edit. Yet another helps you plan. Swap up when you need to. Writing time may not always be just the writing. 

Spend time this week preparing for your writing time to make sure your writing space is a place of comfort. Again that may be different for all of us. 

Let's all share our writing rituals this week. 

For me it's coffee, yeah even at night. It's my writing room and my salt lamp. It's my cushion in my chair. This saves my back and my backside. It's my desk being clear of clutter. I do my bills and other computer things with my laptop in the bedroom. I like my writing room to be for only that. When it gets cluttered so does my writing I have found. So I have to clean up my office prior to writing mornings or nights there. 

And you?