So on this momentous occasion of turning fifty, I thought I would list fifty things about me some of you might or might no know. In looking at fifty, I only remember saying at about twelve years old that I wanted to be published by the time I was fifty and I made it...just barely. But here goes:
1) I am a Christian.
2) I hate to eat fish, but I like other seafood like crab legs, shrimp and oysters.
3) I played ten years of girls softball, the old high slow pitch. I was a catcher and third baseman.
4) I have water skied, snow skied, roller skated like a champ & busted my rear on ice skates.
5) I have spinnakered on a sail in Can Cun and snorkled off St. Maartin.
6) I am a percussionist. I play drums, xylophone, bells, tympani, tri-toms and a good bit more.
7) I am a certified keelboat sailor and passed the boating and written test with a 97.
8) I spent 5 summer vacations whale-watching off the coast of Gloucester Massachusetts.
9) I have seen the group Alabama at over 400 plus concerts.
10) I gave birth to a 9.25 pound baby girl that more than one physician told me I would never have.
11) I managed the paperwork and travel to bring home a daughter from China.
12) I graduated Nursing school and have a Masters in Adult Learning.
13) I hate to fly.
\14) Clowns scare the hell out of me. Ever read Stephen King's IT? Shhh, don't tell anyone.
15) I have seen a number of plays over the years: Fiddler on the Roof, Stomp, Grease, Diego.
16) I only write in pencil. I hardly ever write with a pen and I print, no cursive.
17) I do not like coconut anything. And no anchovies please.1
8) I went to the opening ceremonies of the Olympic in Atlanta in 1996.
19) I held a baby tiger once in Can Cun and another time in Myrtle beach.
20) I had my picture made with the African Queen, the boat used in the movie.
21) I pulled all my baby teeth by the time I was ten...no fair. 22) ICruised to Nova Scotia once.
23) I get motion sick easy, Bonine for all long trips unless I am driving.
24) I Volunteered at ZooAtlanta for over a year.
25) I Saw a Picasso exhibit once and relics from the Titantic.
26) I've Been to Biltmore several times.
27) I hate musicals. Do not break out in song in the middle of my drama.
28) I was born while my father was in Viet Nam. He came home when I was five months old.
29) I have lived in Georgia, Texas and Tennessee.
30) I rode a motor cycle from age 6 until my teen years. My Dad didn't have sons.
31) I Once I played ball for a church team and when we didn't have enough players my mom played. She and I alone were responsible for 30 points.
32) I lived in Nashville only down the street from Dolly Parton before she got to be a big name.
33) When I was first born, my mom worked in my grandmothers daycare and I lived there in a crib.
34) I caught my first bass at age 3. Still love to fish.
35) When I was young I got up before the TV even came on and would sit and watch the static. age 3.
36) I learned to swim at five.
37) I am a total introvert and no I can't just get over it. ISTJ too!
38) I once worked in my grandparent's western store.
39) I worked at my father's Tire company.
40) I worked with the handicapped citizens of Clayton County before I was a nurse.
41) I played flag football in high school.
42) I have milked a cow.
43) I finaled in the Maggies and the Golden Heart. (OR Sawyer's Rose did.)
44) I fear spiders. Not snakes or lizards. Spiders. They know what you are thinking.
45) I was voted helping hands nurse of the year in 2003.
46) I have slept on the balcony of a hotel all night.
47) I have an Olympic Pin collection.
48) I snore...sometimes.
49) I love the beach and the mountains, but what I love best is being on vacation.
50) And...I am fifty.
And there is much more but you might have to wait another 50 to find out.