Monday, April 25, 2022

Me at 56...I can be a bit unusual...not your ordinary kind of girl

 I do not care for old furniture especially claw foot items or chairs with wood legs like pegs. I like modern woods and square edges. And no furniture placed crooked in a room. My world is square.

I laugh hard at shows where bloopers are shown. I ugly cry when I watch shows with families reunited. Shhh..don't tell anyone I got something on my contact. 

I do not like Ketchup....at all. And no BBQ sauce for me either. I will sometimes do a little on hashbrowns or eggs. Rarely. 

I dream in vivid color and usually have haunting dreams. It's best if I wake in the night after dreams to just stay awake. Of course then comes the worry of every possible thing I can imagine. 

I do not enjoy musicals...do not break out in song and dance while I am in the middle of a drama. I will walk out of the theater or turn the channel....just no. Total drama girl here. 

I will not eat Miracle Whip. It is salad dressing and just plain yuck. IT IS NOT MAYO!!!! Nuff said. 

I do not like to wear a dress. My reason for hating church as a child...in the Southern Baptist Chuches God Required you wear a dress. Nope. So I grew up miserable on Sundays and chose a Christian church when grown where the rules and rituals mean I can wear jeans or shorts or even teva sandles. I am there to worship not be judged for not wearing a dress. Does God really care what you wear? And honestly I have enjoyed staying home and watching church online during the pandemic...no real plans to return any time soon at this point. 

I never smoked. I tried it a few times but Asthma wins. I confess I have never tried drugs of any kind. Oh I have had a margarita or two but not often and years pass between them. A drink for me just means an early bedtime. 

I am not a big hugger. Mostly because of social anxiety. I don't mind them but don't offer them much. Socially awkward since birth. It's the truth. When I turned 4 mom had me a birthday party. When everyone sang I cried and crawled under the table. Each year when she asked if I wanted a party the answer was no. Never had one growing up again. Introversion is innate...not just something you get over. The socialites out there can never wrap their head around it. 

I sleep with no socks and one foot outside the covers. And I still give a running jump to go to bed...the thing under the bed might get me. 

I don't mind scary movies but prefer not to watch. The nightmare thing. 

I prefer historical books with strong female heroines and real men. Yes I said it...I love Alpha men because my personality it a bit much for most men. Not sure how Chuck Turner does it. 

I do not care for plants mostly due to fear of spiders and bugs. And it's all I can do to keep children and pets alive...so no plants in the house...besides the cat would try to eat them.

I love to camp. I prefer a camper to tent but have done both. I enjoy cooking outside and sleeping with the sound of the creek. Yep seen bears too. I also bait my own hook and take my fish off myself. Been doing that since age 3. Ain't skeered. 

I get motion sick easily....Harry Potter Ride...couldn't even stand up after that one. Red cross blood drive on a bus about did me in...the vehicle rocked and again I had to lay in the grass outside the bus...or puke. Car sick. Sea sick. Air sick. It's all the same. Don't Rock the boat baby and no long drives please.

I sometimes feel sorry for my daughters cause they got a tomboy, tell it like it is mother who is older than the moms of their peers. Strangely I just never had anything in common with younger women always into their hair and nails and polished world of girl stuff. And rules they set for their 2.5 children like no TV or social media. Get a grip. My girls grades are good. They are well balanced and they watch TV and do social media as they wish. I censor little but we talk a lot about the dangers. Aren't there enough rules out there?

I can still smack a softball. Played a lot of years and every time I have a chance to go into a batting cage I am there, yeah at 55. My all time favorite movie: A league of their own. Brings back memories. 

I have social anxiety. I stress over having to speak in crowds. Run a meeting at work...stressful.  Meet new people...anxiety. And my cup is emptied fast over a crowd. Too much energy leaves me. I guess I am an Alpha girl...never really need anybody but me though I protect the pack. 

I am filled by piddling around my home and getting things done or doing crafts. Writing included. My cup runneth over. Though I am a horrible house cleaner because it just isn't priority to me. Clean enough works. I have other fun thing that are calling me.

I do not like to drink water....I make myself drink it but I prefer diet teas....not unsweetened tea...ick. Southern thing. 

I fear flying. I do it anyway when I have to. Thats when I pray....a lot. 

I love animals. The end. You do not leave them or rehome them due to life happenings. If you have a pet you should take care of it for life. Pets are family and my life is better with them. If you can't love a pet I doubt your ability to love humans. 

My favorite dessert....Flan. 

I have read the Bible through. And I am doing it again. I love Jesus. Again I do not love organized religion. My reason for getting married outside and one day the reason I only want a graveside service for myself. I don't prefer church. I prefer Jesus. Chuch is just another awkward social anxiety thing for me that zaps my level of energy and people fatigue.

I don't care to dance. Not really. I want nothing that means I am the center of attention...anywhere. It's the dress thing again. 

I was country when county wasn't cool and I never much liked the hat acts. It was Alabama's unique sound that got me. Of course I do like the Garth and Toby hat acts. 

I do not care for conferences even though I go to many for writing and work...the minute they want us to hold hands and get to know our neighbor I am out the door. Nope. And about dressing in costume at writing conferences like mascarade parties.... Pass. I do not play pretend well unless writing. Not wearing the dress. I might toss on my cowboy hat. 

I like potted meat and Vienna sausages. There I said it! But in the south we call them VI-eners. 

I only ever slept good under my Dad's roof. Now nights are me sleeping light and waking often. 

I love the spring sun....but not the summer mosquitos and bugs. 

I have walked out of the lives of those who do more harm than good to me and mine. And a few have walked out of my world. Probably best. 

I love a candle flame. But I don't do well with fire or campfire smoke. (Asthma)

I took a certified sailing course once. Just because. 

I only like to cook on weekends when I have time. Week night suppers just fatigue me more. 

Pass the sunscreen...I burn easy and I'd pass on wearing a swimsuit if I had the choice. Actually I wear shorts anyway. 

I imagine my stories in my head when I drive. I can get to my destination and not remember most of the drive. 

I do not care for grapes or cherry tomatoes. I peel my summertime tomatoes...I do not like peels or husks of veggies in my food or soups. 

I love coffee. I love milk. Creamers. Dairy junk...yep. 

I am annoyed at the removal of historical monuments and history. What's that saying if we erase history we are destined to repeat it?

I cannot wear flip flops. Nothing between my toes but love teva sandles. 

I am most lonely in a crowd. I would rather stay home and play alone.

I am sad my girls have grown up so fast. But its nice to see them excel in life. 

I do not care for Pro Football at all...never cared before the take a knee thing either. I hate basketball but like to go watch the Braves Play. And Roll Tide with college football. I do not care for golf or racing either. 

Why were magazine two bucks and now they cost $20....and your first born child? I love to grab a magazine but no longer do... expensive. 

I have never cared for courtroom TV or cops shows. Well except for Longmire, but he's a cowboy. 

I love the days I can now work from home. Only good thing about covid is it opened that door. In 33 years I was never allowed to work from home. So.....I like it!

I do not like to call places to fix things. Banking. Medical. Technical. Social anxiety and lack of patience. And speak English or I will ask for someone who does. 

I once made eye contact with one of the orca whales at Sea World. I once looked right into the eye of a wild humpback whale. I once swam with a dolphin. These amazing cetaceans are smart and knowing. I saw that with the eye contact of captive and wild. 

I love Banana juice. But...too much sugar. 

I rarely nap...if I do I might as well go on to bed because I am nonfunctional the rest of the day. 

I love a heavy rain minus thunder and lightening. 

I sleep on my side or flat on my face. It's I herited from my MA.

I do not like all the old Bible hymns...oh I know them but I prefer contemporary Christian music like Third Day can crank out. 

I know a lot about snakes so neighbors call me to tell them what kind. True story several times. I stayed in the snake house at ZooAtlanta to work some...I enjoy seeing snakes in a safe enclosure. That is how I learned. 

And by the way...never tell me how to drive. I will pull over and hand you the keys or scowl very nasty.

I am emotional. I cry when my girls do things or reach milestones...such a sap down deep. 

I do not wear red much. Mom said I didn't like red as a child. I do love crimson or burgundy. 

I am vanilla on all things. I like chocolate but prefer white chocolate. I like chocolate ice cream but if given a choice will always choose vanilla. I like chocolate cake but I put it in a bowl and add milk....the vanilla part. The Easter Bunny always brought me a white chocolate bunny. Strawberry runs a close second. 

I do not watch Jim Carey or Tom Cruise Movies. The end. Not a fan of either. 

I love to paint inside my house. But it's slow going. My mom taught me to color within the lines. 

I can play poker. My dad taught me. 

I usually hold things in until I have had enough then anything and everything clear back to 1966 will come from my mouth. Forgiveness is earned not given freely to those who have done me wrong. There aren't many second chances. 

I worry about a lot of things I cannot control. I am woman, hear me roar. 

I do not care for know it all big mouths. I am a skeptic. 

And I loved the years me and my family went to Myrtle Beach and hunted Sharks teeth. I have a jar full. I miss hunting those.

I keep a timeline of happenings in my life. Try it sometime. 

I hate self check out and opt out every time. The end. 

I love home made pizza. I love Mexican food. I love Thai food. I love ricearoni. I adore basil rolls.

And goal at 55. I am cleaning each room and tossing things. Tired of clutter. Less junk=Less cleaning. And as I have aged I care little what others think. Frankly, my dear.....and so on. So weird at 56

...probably...but I am true to me. 2022