Sunday, September 3, 2017

Author Roundup: New Release From McCall Hoyle

I am excited to share an upcoming release from McCall Hoyle titled The Thing with Feathers, which will be released on Tuesday, September 5, 2017.  I hope you will give this new release a read.




Book Blurb:
From Golden Heart® award-winning author McCall Hoyle comes The Thing with Feathers, the story of sixteen-year-old Emilie Day, a teen with epilepsy leaving her safe, homeschooled life for high school on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. For the first time, Emilie must navigate classes, cliques, and crushes, all the while keeping her epilepsy a secret.



About McCall:
McCall Hoyle writes honest YA novels about friendship, first love, and girls finding the strength to overcome great challenges. She is a high school English teacher. Her own less-than-perfect teenage experiences and those of the girls she teaches inspire many of the struggles in her books. When she’s not reading or writing, she’s spending time with her family and their odd assortment of pets — a food-obsessed beagle, a grumpy rescue cat, and a three-and-a-half-legged kitten. She has an English degree from Columbia College and a master’s degree from Georgia State University. She lives in a cottage in the woods in North Georgia where she reads and writes every day.
McCall's website: http://mccallhoyle.com/index.html 



You can find The Thing with Feathers at these retailers:
Amazon: Link
Barnes and Noble: Link
Books-A-Million: Link

3 comments:

  1. I've been watching this release launch. I love reading YA. If you haven't given it a try, this would be the time.
    McCall,
    Best of luck for success with this book.
    Becke Turner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Becke! And thanks, Kim, for having me. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to find new authors! I write TV scripts, but I taught 10th grade English for 3 years and U.S. and World History for 5 years and subbed for 2 years when my mom had cancer. After I lived in LA several years writing and working in Production, I came home and taught school until I had my son who was 2 years younger than my daughter who stayed with my in-laws while I taught. I then had another little girl 4 years after my son and 6 years after my 1st daughter was born. Thankfully, I could quit to raise them full-time. I miss teaching sometimes...the good parts of it. I am really a teacher at heart.

    ReplyDelete